Sunday 11 November 2012

Creative Review article







"Herb Lubalin did not like talking... Yet words were his business." 

I found this article in Creative Review about typographer and ad and magazine designer, Herb Lubalin. What I found most interesting about the article is how modern Lubalin's looks, even though at the time some of it was criticised for being old fashioned. I chose it because I found Lubalin quite fascinating, how he used his voice through his work rather than actually expressing himself vocally. When first reading the article I was quite narrow minded and perhaps naive in thinking that graphic design was a new design medium because it involved the use of computers, and yet Lubalin was working in the 1930/40s. His involvement in magazines such as Ebony and fact: prove that he didn't need to use his voice to speak to be heard, because his interpretation of typefaces did that for him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment